Seta Multiflash Tag Flashpoint Tester
Note : Due to distribution agreements, Paragon Scientific may be restricted as to where these products can be sold to. We kindly advise you to contact the Sales team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
Seta Multiflash Tag Flashpoint Tester
Part No: 34400-0
Seta Multiflash is an automatic Tag flash point tester, the 34400-0 TAG module is used with the 34000-0 MultiFlash Universal Base unit. The module conforms precisely to national and international TAG closed cup flash point test methods. It comprises a water bath, sample cup and lid, temperature probes, flash detector, and a DIPS pod (Dipping, Ignition, Pilot, Stirrer) containing the ignitor dipping mechanism with co-axial gas/electric ignitor, and a stirrer. Interchanging the test module is straightforward and completed in just a few minutes, the base unit recognises that the Tag module is connected and instantaneously sets up standard test parameters and calibration data.
The flash point Test Area consists of a liquid filled bath with an internal cooling coil, a removeable sample cup and lid, and an overflow vessel. The bath is heated by the hotplate within the 34000-0 Universal Base Unit. The cooling coil is connected to the 34008-0 Cooling Boost Module by flexible pipes allowing circulation of water or cooling fluid via a cryostat for sub-ambient tests. The top of the bath has a port for a temperature probe. The lid of the sample cup is equipped with a sliding shutter, and ports for the flash detector and sample temperature probe.
The DIPS pod contains the shutter actuator and ignitor dipping mechanism with a coaxial gas jet / electric hot wire ignitor.
The sample and bath temperature probes are class A PRTs, and flash detection is by a thermocouple.
Safety features include an initial dip to check that the sample is below its flash point at the start of the test and PRT checks to ensure that the correct probes are connected and are immersed in bath liquid or sample. When in search mode, the software limits the maximum temperature to 50°C above "expected flash". An over-temperature cut-out is mounted on the base flange of the bath.
Supplied with: DIPS pod, Test Area, Ignitor, Flash Detector, Bath PRT, Sample PRT, interconnection leads and instruction manual. Note: Requires 34000-0 Universal Base Unit and 34008-0 Cooling Boost Module. For sub-ambient tests down to 5°C a Cryostat (34006-0) is also required.
- Temperature Range - Ambient to 93°C (5°C to 93°C with optional cryostat)
- Bath - Liquid
- Heating - Hot Plate
- Post Test Cooling - Fan assisted or Circulating liquid / external cryostat (Requires 34008-0 Cooling Boost Module option)
- Post Test Cool-down Time (90°C to 50°C) - 40 minutes (Fan) 3 minutes (external cryostat)
- Ignitor - Quick-fit coaxial gas jet / electric hot wire, user selectable (Electric hot wire pilot light for gas jet)
- Temperature Probes - Class A Platinum Resistance Thermometers
- Flash Detection - Thermocouple
- Gas Supply (gas jet ignitor) - Laboratory gas, 3kPa (0.44psi) maximum pressure
- Cooling Supply - Water (5°C and above) Water / Ethylene Glycol 50/50 (below 5°C) 125kPa (18psi) maximum pressure
- Voltage - 110/120V or 220/240V, 50/60Hz, (switchable)
- Power - 1kW
- Fully self-contained flash test module
- Exactly conforms to the requirement of test method
- Automatic set up of test parameters
- Gas or electric ignition
- Automatic heating control, ignition & flash detection
- Automatic test results & end of test audible warning
- Centigrade or Fahrenheit temperature display
- Automatic barometric correction
ASTM D3934, ASTM D3941, ASTM D56, ASTM E502, FTM 791 1101, IP 304 (obs) Part 2, IP 491, IP 492, ISO 1516, ISO 1523, JIS K2265
DETAILS OF METHODS
|ASTM D56||Standard test method for flash point by Tag closed cup tester|
|ASTM D3934||Flash/No Flash Test-Equilibrium Method by the Closed-Cup Apparatus|
|ASTM D3941||Flash Point by Pensky-Martens Closed Tester|
|ISO 1516||Flash Test Using The Cup of Any Standard Closed Cup Apparatus|
|ISO 1523||Flash Test Using The Cup of Any Standard Closed Cup Apparatus|
|FTM 791 1101||Flash Point by Tag Closed Tester|
|IP 491||Determination of flash/no flash - Closed cup equilibrium method (ISO 1516:2002)|
|IP 492||Determination of flash point - Closed cup equilibrium method (ISO 1523:2002)|
|JIS K2265||The Multiflash-PM fully automates and conforms precisely to national and international Pensky- Martens Closed Cup standard test methods.|
|IP 304 (obs) Part 2||The Multiflash-Abel fully automates and conforms precisely to national and international Abel Closed Cup and Equilibrium test methods.|
|ASTM E502||Standard Test Method for Selection and Use of ASTM Standards for the Determination of Flash Point of Chemicals by Closed Cup Methods|
|Lead Time||4 - 6 Weeks|
|Dimensions cm (WxDxH)||(HxWxD): 47 x 42 x 34cm|
|PDF's||Flash Point Information Sheet|